Sunday 23 December 2012

That's Not A Bad Christmas THIS Is A Bad Christmas

This year's Christmas won't be as extravagant as other years because of the lack of work. However, compared to the people in Cornwall and Stonehaven who've been flooded out of their homes, the friend of my wife whose father died 2 days ago and the old Naval friend who is going into hospital on Christmas Eve for an orchidectomy, and faces the prospect of chemotherapy, I would say it's going to be a pretty stonking time. And some people have a cold and bitch about it on Facebook.

Pass me another mince pie and a sherry. matron.

1 comment:

  1. You have a point McPete. There's no need to go into debt for the new year before the old year even ends anyway. I never understood that. Then again, I will never be elected to US Congress anyway so I don't need to understand it. I think our debt in the US is in the trillions $$$ so what does it matter?

    There are many people who have faced huge losses as this year is winding down. This is a sad and subdued time for them and I think it's ok if Christmas sneaks in and out a little quieter this year. I will be working where I am assured to have aa rousing good time. Drinking, driving and running over pedestrians is what they do best here so as long as my body hold out, I will have work. I am thankful for that.

    I wish you and your family a joyful New Year.

    ReplyDelete